"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 4, 2014

June Reading

 My June stats are pretty pathetic, and I don't expect July to be much better.  I just have WAY too much going on to spend very much time reading.

I read a grand total of 2 books.  I made it part-way through another, but didn't get it finished, so it doesn't count yet :)  Here are the numbers ...
Total books - 2
Total pages - 661
Total inches - 2.5"

Year to date stats -
Total books - 43
Total pages - 11,556
Total inches - 47.25"

What I read:
1. No Book But the World by Leah Hager Cohen - this one was disappointing.  It is about two kids who grow up in the woods, basically with parents who think kids develop better entirely on their own.  The boy has some undiagnosed problem that sounds a lot like autism.  Things do not go well for him.  I was irritated by the book, being a homeschooler with a son with autism myself.  I completely disagree with the family's view on raising kids, and hate that so many books about kids with autism have to be so negative.  Our kids can do great things too authors.  They don't all grow up to be accused of murder.
2. Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall - now this was a really good book.  It is about the civil rights era, but is different than most I've read from that period.  I really liked this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment