"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Monday and Tuesday

 I've been slacking on my blog again, so I'm going to try to get caught up over the next couple of days.  It's been a very full week :)  Speaking of full, my sister and brother in law and niece left Monday around noon.  But first my brother in law treated us to french toast with cherry pie filling and powdered sugar, bacon and fried potatoes.  We were spoiled while he was here, and now I miss my personal chef ;)

 The three year old can't have french toast, but he did enjoy the rest of it.  This picture reminded me of American Gothic - the farmer (and wife) with the pitchfork and not too happy faces.

 After they left, I loaded up the little boys and took my inlaws to Jackson Hole so my mother in law could have her broken ankle examined.  The boys did pretty well staying entertained while we waited.

I left the ten year old in town so he could go win this - Grand Champion at the County Shoot for .22 rifle. 

 As usual, we've been having amazing sunsets.







 Tuesday the library hosted a beach party as part of the summer reading program.  We are doing the program "Fizz Boom Read" this year, and they had a volcano set up in the sand, and then provided supplies for the kids to build their own.


 They had hotdogs for lunch, as well as grapes, watermelon, chips, and one of the moms brought cookies.

 If you look closely you will see his leg is covered in ketchup, mustard and relish.  Gotta love the goggles too.

 I had brought food for the three year old, but was thankful to see the grapes and watermelon.  It's always nice when there are options that he is not allergic to.




 These are two of our children's librarians.  They're awesome!  The one on the right has been a children's librarian since my older kids (23 and 21) were little. She's a wealth of information concerning children's literature.


 A grandmother was up there with her four grandchildren, and tons of water toys.  She was really sweet. She took the time to show my five year old how to use her water cannon.

He and the three year old told me later that their favorite thing at the beach was the squirter.

 We had to leave the beach fairly early to get to our therapeutic riding lessons.  But there is a stream there, so the boys that weren't riding had fun too.

 His volunteers said he did really well this time.  They even finally got him to hold the reins!



I love it when my boys bring me flowers.  This one looks like a halo to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment