"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, March 28, 2011

Better?

During naptime today, I took the opportunity to stitch up a few hexagons with the new, darker turquoise fabrics. What do you think? Better? I think it greatly improved the color scheme. Now I just need to dig out a few more reds, and I think we'll be good. I'm not thrilled with the tiny red print in the bottom right, and probably won't use it. I'm also considering dropping the white with the red dots. I don't think it makes enough of an impact.

This is a surprisingly easy and relatively fast project. Addicting, too. I have to force myself to work on my crocheting first - since it has a date by which is must be done ;) Otherwise, I could easily see myself finishing this project first. Love it!

Tonight I'm hoping to experiment with a little pattern drafting after dinner. I need to come up with a diaper bag. I love this one by Hoohobbers, but there is no way I am going to pay close to $100 for a diaper bag. Seriously? The one I really like is by Fleurville. We won't even talk about the $120 price tag. Ridiculous.

So, I ordered some fabric, and am going to attempt to make a messenger bag style diaper bag, similar to the Hoohobbers bag. I'm thinking I better do a test run first, before using my good fabric, but tonight, I'm just hoping to get a pattern drafted. I've not done a lot of pattern drafting, so we'll see. The only drafting I've done has been for another tote-style diaper bag, and a dress I created from one I already owned. But I've done a lot of "winging it" and I used to work at a factory sewing bags (luggage style bags) so there is some hope ;) I'd also really like to organize my sewing room a bit, now that it's getting warm enough to be out in the garage, so I can't guarantee which project I'll work on. I'll let you know tomorrow.

1 comment: