"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Diaper Bag Pattern Drafted!

After a lot of distractions and delays, I finally have a draft pattern for my diaper bag. It's going to be a messenger-style bag, with a top flap that folds over, and a zipper closure. We'll see how it turns out. I was able to do the drafting during naptime today. My 18 year old and 7 year old went on a walk to the post office and library after the 7 year old finished up his schoolwork for the day. With all the daycare kids asleep, I took over their long preschool table to spread out my papers and rulers, and put on my thinking cap. We'll have to wait to see how well I was thinking. I would have had time to cut out fabric, but that's all in boxes in the garage, and without the 18 year old here to supervise the daycare, I couldn't go rummaging through the boxes for test fabric. There's no way I'm using my good stuff until I know the pattern will work! So it will have to wait for another day. At least the pattern is ready to try!

Since I couldn't get to the fabric to try out the pattern, I continued to work on the afghan and the hexagon quilt. Lots of progress, but you're probably getting sick of photos of the same thing, so I'll wait until it's more noteworthy ;)

1 comment: