"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, March 21, 2011

New Camera, Round II

Well, let's hope this is the final round with camera trials. It looks promising so far. For one thing, the color is much better. This close up of the 7 year old is from about 10 feet away, zoomed in close.

I couldn't wait to try this camera, so I only charged the battery for about 15 minutes, then put it in the camera and started snapping away, without a clue about any of the settings. The first few were blurry, until I figured out I needed to push a button to let the flash pop up. The picture above was one of those.

Here's one with the flash open. We were in the middle of homeschool, so I just snapped the pictures of what was close by. I knew I wanted to see how well pictures of people turned out because this was such a problem with the last camera. So far, especially considering I haven't played with it all that much, I'm pretty happy.

My poor hubby is home sick today, so he got to be in the photo shoot too.

This weekend was a busy one. We had the seven year old's final ski team day. They always do a fun day for their last meeting. The kids (and coaches) wear costumes, and they race through goofy obstacle courses. They are awarded candy (or have it thrown at them). It's pretty fun. We started the day with a sourdough pancake feast at Bugga and Papa's. Then I let my husband, the 18 year old and seven year old go skiing, while I kept the 2 year old home, so no photos of that event.

I had planned on getting a lot of crafting in over the weekend, but I haven't been sleeping well lately (or breathing well either) so I took a nap with the 2 year old instead. I always have these symptoms with my pregnancies, so I guess I've hit that lucky point where the problems begin. That or maybe the high ozone levels we've been experiencing, thanks to the gas field, could be a contributor. I thought I might pass out in church yesterday while standing and singing. I think I'm going to have to choose to do one or the other ... stand, or sing, but not both at the same time.

Sunday afternoon my husband and I took a trip to Walmart ... 100 miles away, and did a little shopping. We re-affirmed the idea that we hate going to Walmart and we hate the town it is in, and it made me think I would probably be better off just to order from Walmart.com for the things I can't get at Kmart in the town I usually shop in (which is 77 miles from our house, in the opposite direction). I'm sure after paying for fuel - at $3.29/gallon (it's $3.51 here in town), I could pay for quite a bit of shipping. And, the bonus is that there would be less impulse buying :) We do a lot of online shopping here. In fact I'm currently expecting about 12 packages - WOW, I just went back and counted. Make that 17! packages (if you count the camera that came today). In fairness though, some are for the 18 year old, and one is for the 20 year old who is overseas and can't receive a UPS delivered package.) Crazy, huh? I get great deals online, and with the baby coming, I've got quite a few projects lined up, and supplies coming for those, as well as homeschool supplies and of course books ;) I always have books coming. Go figure.

So anyway, to add to my growing list of baby projects, I picked up some blue and brown yarn at Walmart to start an afghan for our next boy. Isn't it pretty? I'm thinking it will be a striped blanket - switching color on each row. I have a total of eight skeins (four of each color), so hopefully that will be enough. I will have a lot of fabric and craft stuff to show you in the next few days, so I better get working on my to do list (which seems to be growing daily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment