"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, March 18, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I'm getting there. I didn't get much sewing done ... okay, none, actually ... but I did manage to make copies of my pattern pieces and cut them out. Then I pulled out some of my western fabrics to see what will work nicely for the little baby boots. I'm thinking bandana fabric with denim would be a good combination. The part of the project that's holding me up is that the fabric needs to be quilted first. Not a problem to do the actual quilting, but I'm the biggest fabric miser in the world, and don't want to waste any fabric. So I'm reluctant to quilt too much of it. I've decided to draw out all the pattern pieces onto a sheet of paper (some of them are used multiple times) and then just quilt a piece slightly bigger than that. Maybe I'll get a chance to do that during nap-time today. But then, before I get too carried away, I really ought to work on the contest project that has to be done by the 10th... and our taxes... but that's no fun.

The other decision I made was to send the camera back. It just isn't taking crystal clear pictures with accurate color. If you spend $250 on a camera, you ought to be able to expect better pictures. But these pictures weren't even as good as the ones my little $99 camera I had before took. I went through the manual and tried all the different settings and couldn't notice much of a difference in the picture quality, so, back it goes. I've already ordered a different one, so we'll see how that one does. It doesn't have quite as much zoom - only 18x, which is still way more than I've had before, and it was a little cheaper. If that one doesn't work, I'll have to decide whether to go up a step, or back down to a basic, little point and shoot. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment