"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, September 23, 2013

EARTHQUAKE!

Saturday morning we had a small earthquake.  It was centered on the other side of the mountain range - but not far as the crow flies.  It was only a 4.9 but we felt it ... or at least I did.  It was between 7:15-7:20 am Saturday.  I was in the upstairs bathroom, which has an angled roof and I heard a loud pop and the room shook.  I think I noticed it because the room is pretty small and enclosed with the low ceiling.

I didn't immediately think "earthquake" though because we have just moved into the new house, and they previously had some issues with the foundation.  The previous renters had to move out so repairs could be done.  (The original problems were caused by a former renter who fell asleep while smoking).  Worried that we were having issues with the foundation and would have to move, all I could think was "NO! I don't want to have to move all this stuff again!"  HA.

When I got to town where I had internet service, I learned that it really had been an earthquake.  Someone posted this graphic on Facebook, and it pretty much sums up the damage.  I thought it was cute.

1 comment: