"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, September 13, 2013

Pockets, Crazy Weather, and I'm Tired!

I'm going crazy, I think you all should know lol.  Too much going on this month.  Looking forward to October :)  In case you don't know the story, we're in the process of moving from one house to another, still running my licensed home daycare from the old house through the end of the month, then that will be closed for good.  In the mean time, we're already "living" at the new house. Really it just feels like unpacking and sleeping.  I thought it would be nice to have a "leisurely" move over the course of a month, but honestly it's not that easy to pack and clean with a house full of daycare kids.  And I'm wishing it was just DONE.  So that's where I'm at.  I will say we're getting close to being done though, and about half of the daycare kids won't be back next week, so it will be a little easier.

 Meanwhile, Grandpa has been showing the two year old all the great things pockets can be used for :)

He would get the giraffe in his pocket (in a bunch of different ways) then run in circles until it fell out and then have Grandpa put it back in again. It was a riot.

The nine year old had a football game again last night.  The weather was crazy. We live in a desert but you'd never know it this week.  We've had a ton of rain and cool weather. It poured like crazy yesterday afternoon. I called to see if they cancelled the game but they didn't.  So we ran to our dollar store and bought a couple new umbrellas. We brought our lawn chairs because I didn't have a towel left at the old house to dry off the stadium seats.  I couldn't believe we made it through the whole game without getting rained on.

The clouds were really different than we normally see.



This morning the mountains were a beautiful blue.   If you look close you can see snow on the peak of a couple of them.  Not a lot yet, but it won't be long until they're all white.

I am as exhausted as the four year old was this morning.  (See the banana? He didn't even have enough strength to eat it lol).  I've been doing daycare all day, packing and loading stuff, then getting home and staying up late to unpack.  Up early to get all the kids up and ready to head to town, then get to the old house by 7:30 for the daycare kids to arrive.  In other words, burning the candle at both ends.  Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!  I hope I get to. I hear rumors of a Uhaul trailer in my near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment