"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Frankfurter Cheese Sandwiches

Back when I was a kid, I did a section on cooking in 4H and the recipe for "Frankfurter Cheese Sandwiches" was in the 4H kids' cooking book.  I've used it ever since, and now it's one of my boys' favorite meals.  It's pretty much the only way I eat hot dogs (other than a grilled recipe where you split the dog lengthways, shove in a wedge of cheese, and wrap in bacon.  It's a real healthy recipe.)

Well, living between two houses has its drawbacks.  Thankfully we're almost done with that!  Turns out all the butter I have is at the old house, but I was making dinner at the new house.  So ... I used mayonnaise.


These ended up being the prettiest, most evenly cooked sandwiches I've ever made.  I think I'll use mayo from now on.  I also always cook in a cast iron skillet.  I'll never go back to cheap teflon again. (Pardon the styrofoam plate. We're still moving in, and we were just doing a quick dinner with me and the boys.)

No comments:

Post a Comment