"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

 I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of the view from our house!  We had such an amazing sunrise this morning.  I had a hard time making myself get ready to head into town for the daycare.  I'm in between two houses right now, keeping the daycare open at the old house through the end of the month.  I'm really looking forward to being able to stay out at the new place all day :)

You'll probably get sick of seeing all these scenery pictures.  I know I won't be able to resist posting a bunch of them.


 
 This morning I kept hearing a little squeak - almost like the sound the smoke detector makes when it needs a new battery.  I finally figured out that we had a little bird in the house.  Yesterday I had left a window open (the only window that doesn't have a screen.)  I think it must have come in through that window, but it could also have come in through the torn section of the screen on one of our sliding glass doors last night.

 I opened the nearest sliding glass door so he could go out.  The picture above shows him sitting on the entry of that door.  Even though the door was open, he would hop up there, then come back inside.  I think he must have hit that door trying to get out or something because he had a hard time believing the door was actually open.  He finally did go out though.

Here's a bit of randomness for you.  I bought this watermelon last week and had the strangest thing happen when I went to pay for it.  It was too heavy for the store scale!  I've never had that happen before.  They said the scale goes up to 30 pounds.

This watermelon is bigger and heavier than my two year old!

We had a minor catastrophe while moving over the weekend.  The four year old broke a glass lampshade and scratched his leg.  He needed a bandaid, but only wanted a Mater bandaid (from the movie CARS).  Unfortunately we were out of those ...

 so I improvised.  It worked, but he wasn't thrilled about it.  I can get Mater bandaids at the dollar store.  I just have a hard time paying $1 and only getting 10 bandaids.  Guess I better suck it up and buy a box.

Speaking of the four year old, he thinks he's big enough to play football.  Ha.  His brother had practice again last night, and he has a game Saturday morning.  He's pretty excited because his Grandpa is coming from Nebraska to be at the game.  (Not that he's coming just for the game - ha.  He's coming to visit and help us move.  YAY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment