"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night

 What crazy weather we've been having!  It's been raining heavily every day and seems to just want to continue.  Last night, we got back home to the new house just in time to have the power go out.  And it stayed out until the wee hours this morning.  I think somewhere around 4 am, but can't swear to it since I was sound asleep lol.

We got home around 6 and thankfully my Dad, who has been visiting to help us with the move, had said before we left town, "Why don't I go by the grocery store and grab some fried chicken for dinner."  So glad he did, or we would have had to go to town for dinner.  As it was, I had a challenging time finding something the two year old could eat (as he is allergic to everything) that didn't require heating, or a can opener (mine is electric. I do have one that isn't ... in one of those yet-to-be-unpacked boxes).  Already at 6, the clouds were so dark that we needed a flashlight to get dinner on the table.  After dinner, my husband ran across the highway to our storage shed where our camper is parked, and picked up our propane lantern.

We stuck the kids in bed early :) and had a nice quiet evening just visiting.  I wanted to get a lot of unpacking done, but I guess God knew I needed a break :)  Anyway, it's still stormy this morning.  Last night we just sat and watched the lightning pop nonstop in all directions.  Pretty awesome fireworks...

No comments:

Post a Comment