"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Embroidery Progress

In the last few days, I've made a lot of progress on my Birdie Stitches block of the month blocks. I didn't find this series until August, so I've got some catching up to do. I have July done (that's where I started ... in August) and then I went to working on the stitch sampler for the contest I had entered. That is done now, so it's back to the monthly blocks.

This is how far I got on the September block while we were out at the lake. Well, Saturday and Sunday, really.

I finished the September block yesterday morning.

And started the January block, trying to catch up. This block will be done in all blues and greys.

I have to make myself a plan when I do these stitcheries. I didn't plan very well on the September block and I'm not thrilled with the colors in the tree. I usually write out the areas I need to stitch, then pull the colors I want to use, and take a picture so I can refer back to it when I'm stitching. I try to make sure I can see at least most of the numbers on the skeins so I have a reference - as many of the colors are very similar.

Okay, I've got to run. The baby has his check-up this morning and will be having another chest xray, which will hopefully show his pneumonia is cleared up. He's been off oxygen for two nights now, and seems to be doing well with that. So hopefully he's better :)

1 comment:

  1. glad the baby seems to be doing better, good luck on the check up. We are on to Utah today will be out of touch and I will catch up on your blog later in the week.

    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete