"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, September 9, 2011

Loose Ends

I have been particularly absent-minded lately, so I'm going to tie up some loose ends and tell you some things I meant to say before...

In the haircuts post, I meant to mention my daughter donated her hair to Locks of Love. Here is a picture of the pony tail they saved. Braided, it looks much smaller than it was. It is very thick too.

Here she is in the salon. She had a great hairdresser. She put her at ease and they both had fun with it.

I was surprised to see it this short, but I liked it right from the start. I think it's a great style for her.

Now to jump subjects... The other day I told you about our weekend with the flu, and traveling while our kids were sick. What I forgot to tell you was that this was a perfect illustration of the Sunday School lesson in the Ladies class at the church we always visit when we go to Colorado, and which I highly recommend: Front Range Baptist Church.

Anyway, the lesson this week was in part about thanking God for His timing. When we have things happen in our lives that we think are inconvenient, or happen at a bad time, we need to realize that it isn't a bad time for these things. It is the perfect time. It is God's time. How can we argue with that? If we really believe that, "all things work together for good to them that love God," then we have to believe that God has a plan behind everything that happens, and that He is in control of when it happens.

Even though I never would have chosen to have my kids sick while we visited family, or traveled, God knew we would learn through the experience and grow in it. So I just wanted to publicly praise God, from whom all blessings flow, even if they don't look like blessings to my human mind at the time ;) Thank you, God, for the opportunity to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment