"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Haircuts

Okay, so I intended to get this posted sooner, but life happened, and I didn't get it done. More about that in the next post.

Thursday night, after my incredibly long day at the doctors office, followed by teen group, my husband came home from work and decided he needed a haircut before our trip to visit family for the holiday weekend. The only problem was that it was after 10 pm when he came up with the idea. And I always do the 2 year old at the same time.

I was exhausted, but it's so hard to find a time to get to haircuts in the summer, so I agreed. We did the two year old first. Normally it takes both my husband and my daughter to hold him down while he screams as if he is dying and has a major panic attack.

This time he amazed us. He was very brave, and never cried. But he did have this unhappy face on the entire time. I'll take that over the wrestling match we normally have.

His least favorite part is getting his neck done. It tickles him, but he won't admit it. He isn't sure how to handle it.

Afterward he had a bath, and was very impressed with his haircut when he was done.

I think they both look pretty handsome :)

Oh, and speaking of haircuts, my daughter decided to get hers done short. She used to have hair long enough to sit on - so this is a big change. Of course more recently it has been only to the bottom of her shoulder blades or so, but this is the first time she has had truly short hair. I think it's pretty flattering. And anything beats that messy bun she was always wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment