"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Not Such a Productive Day

It's been kind of a long, exhausting, not-very-productive day. You've had Saturdays like that before, right? Most of the things I intended to get done, didn't get done. I didn't pick chokecherries - or even check on the condition of the ones at the other lake. I didn't make jelly. I didn't even work on any more paper piecing of the Farmer's Wife blocks.

Here's something I did manage to do ... while nursing. I finished my embroidery sampler. Okay, finished is not literally the right word, but all the stitching is done. Now I just need to put some borders on it and turn it into something. I'm still trying to decide which fabric to put with this, but I do have a plan. We'll see how long it takes me to accomplish it - ha.

The littlest two (and the twenty year old) and I walked over to Bugga and Papa's for a visit this afternoon. They have been camped up at the lake while they had some work done on their house.

They've been having new windows and siding installed. This is a picture from the front before the work was done.

This is a view from the side. When they first got the house, which was my father-in-law's grandparent's house, they added on the two story front section. By the way, can you see all those boxes of siding? I guess I hadn't fully processed how much siding it would take to cover a house this big!

It sure looks different now! This siding is insulated and the windows are triple pane, so it should make a big difference in how warm the house stays too.

Looks like a whole new house, don't you think? There's still a little trim work to do, and some clean up, and then the project will be done.

We did manage to get a few projects done. Yard work, for instance. (I use the term "we" loosely here. My husband did this all alone - despite the "help" in the pictures.)

I'm not sure whether you can see it or not, but there is a huge pile of grass by the fence. We haven't had our mower out at all this year. We've been able to just use the weed trimmer once in awhile - like 3 times over the summer, I think. It really has been a short summer! And all the kids on the yard all the time really make it not grow well. I do wish we had a plush yard :(

I drove up to Red Cliff Bible Camp to pick up my daughter after she helped at Science Camp and Ladies' Retreat this week. She wasn't done working and had another ride home, so it was a pointless trip. But I did enjoy the scenery, and finally thought to have the camera along to record what a pretty drive it is. I don't mind making the drive even for nothing :) Enjoy the pictures!




Now here's a question for you. Why is it that cows always have to lay in the middle of the road? They eat grass. There is no grass in the road. Just rocks. You'd think it wouldn't even be a comfortable place to lay. And yet, I had to stop repeatedly for these free range cattle. (You would also think I would know the answer to this question, given the fact that I grew up on a dairy farm in Nebraska.) Stupid cows.

So, that's pretty much all I did today. I didn't even make it to the two garage sales in town because I decided it was worth it to go back to sleep after the baby nursed in the morning, and I didn't get out of bed until 10. It was wonderful. But I've felt tired all day, so I'm wondering if it was really all that good. Other than that, all I did was pick up our co-op fruits and veggies and bread (which I would have forgotten had they not called me - yikes! That would have been $53 down the tube!) Really exciting day, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment