"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Miscellany

Here is a picture of the denim apron I made the other day after fringing it in the washer & dryer. I think it came out really nice. The seven year old disagrees. He asked me if I could cut it off. He thinks it looks "girly."

I really like it. So the fringe stays ... at least until the contest at the quilt shop is over. :) Then I'll trim it and add a bias binding to finish it off. I may even do that before the contest. I'm thinking red handkerchief fabric would really look sharp. What do you think?

Today I finally put up a mobile for the baby. He loved it! I kept winding it over and over and he watched it for more than half an hour.

I tried to put one up right from the start but it didn't fit the wider boards on this bed. I found one that would fit, so now he can be entertained. He lays quietly in bed looking around anyway, so this will be a nice change of scenery for him. He loves the music, too. But that alerts the seven and two year olds and they both come running...

My 20 year old spent a little time this afternoon making my life easier. He installed the open shelving above the washer. There used to just be a hanging bar there. I was tired of everything (detergent, etc) sitting on top of the dryer. Every time we needed to use the dryer, we had to move stuff so we could see the settings, then move stuff so we could empty the lint. I HATE lint traps that are on the top of the dryer. Such a mess. And with stuff piled on there, lint just gathered and it was never clean, no matter how careful we were.

I may get another shelf to put up there too. There is plenty of room for one, and when 7 people are trying to share a 2 bedroom duplex, every inch of space is valuable :)

Tomorrow the baby goes back to the doctor to see how he is progressing. His regular pediatrician is back (he's been out of town since I started noticing the odd symptoms - shakiness, turning blue, and setting off the Angel Care alarm - so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of our progress.) There was some talk of hospitalization in order to observe what's going on with the Angel Care monitor going off. Last night they put him back on the pulse oximeter overnight, and of course he never set off the sensor. That's great if he is getting better and it never happens again, but bad for diagnostic purposes ... kind of like when you take your car to the mechanic to find out what is making a clunk and when he drives it, it doesn't clunk. Frustrating. So we will hope he is just over whatever is causing the alarm to go off. I guess we'll see soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment