"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bed Rest, Day 1

You would think bed rest would be really boring. Not so. I have lots of company that comes to keep me entertained.

They all think bed rest is a hoot.

I get to do lots of laying in bed, reading good books...

Sometimes I read the same books over and over. And the snuggles are well worth it. The two year old is by far my most frequent visitor. He really enjoys this time we have together. Hope he doesn't get too upset with me when we add another little body to the mix.

I sat up to re-arrange things on the bed and he stole my spot. I guess he figured I looked pretty comfy where I was, and he wanted to try it out.

Even my sweet husband keeps me company after a long day at work (even though I know he'd be much more comfortable in the living room recliners, and that this particular chair kills his back). We've decided that the recliner in the bedroom is the only location for using the computer until I'm done with bed rest. That keeps us from having to move the cord all the time, and gives me company even when we're not discussing anything in particular. It's nice just to sit together. He's also started calling me every day at his lunch break. That's especially nice, since most mornings I'm completely by myself as my kids do daycare things in the other room. I am greatly enjoying the peace and quiet and the break from the daycare. My daughter has been awesome about filling if for me there.

I am on bed rest because of "gestational hypertension" - in other words, high blood pressure which they were concerned was developing into pre-eclampsia. Day one was a bit frustrating because I don't really think being up on my feet was the problem. The stress is all in my head - and in trying to deal with the house moving crook, and worrying about finances, arranging for someone else to move the home, etc. So yes, I succeeded at staying off my feet all day, but I think the I completely failed at trying to be stress free. I'm sure my blood pressure was just as bad yesterday as it has been before. So I'm trying to let go and give all the struggles to the Lord - I Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." I'm trying to do a lot of praying, and realize that God has a plan in all of this that is bigger than I am. So far, Day two has been excellent. I've just got to keep my eyes on the Lord, and trust Him to work everything out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment