"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday was another busy day

Why are my weekends always so busy? Aren't they supposed to be for relaxing? Instead, it seems like weekends are busier than weekdays. Today started with a work day at the church. Well, actually it started with yard sales. We have a close friend who was having a moving sale, so we went there first. Then on to the church work day. At the church, we power raked the lawns and I helped rake the rocks out of the yard. I couldn't do as much physical work as I wanted, but at least I was able to do some. I took my camera along and meant to take some pictures, but completely forgot about it. After that, I hit the rest of the yard sales in town. I found lots of great deals.

Of course my favorite was all the books I was able to get for pennies ... 44 of them in all! They are pretty much all children's books, with the exception of the one thing I bought for myself - the Fix It and Forget It cookbook I've wanted for years. We got some amazing books, including several very nice hardbacks - one even came with an audio cd. I let the kids peruse them all, read a few, then immediately boxed them up. We're out of room for books, and will have to wait until our house arrives and we can get our wall-to-wall bookshelves built so that we can have these out without them getting ruined.

I found a fun horse backpack I thought the 2 year old would like. I guess it works as a hat too - ha. He spent forever putting toys into it and dumping them back out. I don't think he understands it is a backpack, though.

After a quick bite to eat, we headed out to the house site to get some more work done there. We were told last week that our house was going to be on the road in a couple of days, and that we could expect it to be delivered on Monday. Of course that turned out to be another lie. Neighbors back there say nothing at all has been done at the house, and they will need 4 days of driving time, so clearly it won't be here Monday. Either way, it was good to get a trench dug from the new well to under the foundation so we can run the water line before the house is set. That was a project for my husband and his friend. They got that done, and now we are ready to hook the pump to the well and run the water line.


While they were working on that, my dad and his wife arrived from Nebraska for the weekend. They are in town for our big graduation celebration for my daughter tomorrow. After all the work was done, we went out to dinner, then back home to visit, followed by final preparations on everyone's speeches for the graduation, and last minute prep work. Tomorrow will be another busy day, but we're going to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment