"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, June 3, 2011

First "Summer" Cookout :)

Last night we went up to the lake where my in-laws are camped and had a nice cookout.

It was pretty chilly, and very windy, but we always look forward to cookouts at the lake, so it was all good.

There was lots of "gathering of sticks" to put into the fire. This is a favorite past-time of my boys - the 2 year old, 7 year old, and Dad, especially :)

My 20 year old went up earlier and did a little fishing. It wasn't very good fishing weather. The wind was so strong he couldn't cast very far, and nothing was biting.

My husband was put in charge of the grill. We just had burgers for dinner (veggie burgers for the 20 year old, and hot dogs for the 2 year old).

We're thinking we'll do a real cookout Saturday night if they're still camped up there - one where we have ribeyes and dutch oven taters - YUM.

We always enjoy just sitting around the campfire visiting. It never gets old.


Wouldn't you know I went off and forgot my camera at home? These pictures were all taken with my phone. I kind of like the way the sun is streaming into this one.

Things were all going perfectly and we were having a good time. My dad called with a question about the 20 year old's car, so I headed over to the car to look under the hood. Dad's a mechanic, and he's going to help the 20 year old with a couple projects on his newly purchased car this weekend when he comes. Anyway, I got away from the campfire, and couldn't figure out why I was still smelling smoke. Then I noticed I could also see wisps of smoke. I looked down, and my shirt was smoldering. It was like, "oh, look at that, my shirt is on fire" followed by "OH NO! MY SHIRT IS ON FIRE!!!" I brushed it off, but as you can see, the damage was done. (I put the white under the fabric so you could see the hole better.) The hole is about the size of a nickel, and right where it will be hard to hide. I love this shirt. And, it's the perfect pregnancy shirt. So I'm going to patch it, but it will never look good again. Guess it's just going to be a comfy shirt now - not something I can wear out in public. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment