"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Campin' Out - aka Mass Panic

We had a bad storm last night. Lots of loud thunder and lightening, followed by several power outages. Unfortunately when we lost power, it was dark and the 2 year old and 7 year old were in the living room alone at the time. Both of them started screaming and panicking.

I had been laying on the bed visiting with the baby and my husband, and my 18 year old had gone into her bedroom for something. It only took a couple minutes to get a flashlight, light some candles, and get the camping lantern lit, but the boys - especially the 2 year old - didn't settle down until the camping lantern was lit and their sister was reading to them. The 2 year old kept saying, "Turn the light on!"

Anyway, we had a pretty good day Saturday, but busy. Aren't weekends supposed to be relaxing? Yeah. Mine wasn't. We started with yard sales, then had to pick up our fruits and veggies from the co-op at 1:30. Then my husband went fishing, and I took the 7 year old bug hunting. He's getting quite a collection. Yesterday we caught a bumblebee, honey bee, crane fly and another grasshopper. I think that makes four grasshoppers now, and I tried to tell him he didn't need any more of them, but he said he is collecting them. Whatever. It's his collection. I took the camera along, but forgot to take it out of the truck, and didn't manage to get a single picture. Then there was a trip to the recycling center and thrift store, stops at the grocery store, and the butcher shop, and taking the 7 year old for ice cream. So I felt like I was on the go all day. Later that night, my husband took me to dinner (and I do mean later - we went out at 8) and the power had flickered about four times while we were gone. Then the big outage came when we had only been home about 15 minutes. The poor baby - I hardly spent any time with him apart from nursing. That's why I was visiting with him on the bed when the power went out. Today I'm going to try to do less :) I have to leave for church shortly, and then we'll have church tonight, but in between, I'm going to try to just stay home. And maybe this afternoon, when everyone is napping, I might try to sew some more Farmer's Wife blocks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment