"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Day With Mama


I've been mentioning all week how the 2 year old seems to be struggling with needing a little more attention, and how he keeps asking to go fishing.

Well, today I took him fishing - time for just him and Mama.

He did a great job. He loves to fish, and would sit and hold the pole, and wait to reel it up until I told him to. He had a great attitude and enjoyed the time we were there.

He thinks he's casting here ... but the line was already in the water. :)

He did manage to get all tangled up in the line a couple of times when he would spin around and wrap himself up in the line. It probably doesn't show in the picture, but he's got the line wrapped around his waist here. He brought it to me to "fix it."

Afterwards I took him to the convenience store to get a snack. He chose pretzels. He LOVES pretzels and has been begging for them all week too ;) He doesn't really like candy, and I'm glad for that.

But he sure does love his pretzels. I asked him if I could have one, and he let me get one out of the bag. I took one bite, and he said, "Can I try that one?" and took the pretzel back :)

My daughter is convinced he's a genius in training. He remembers all sorts of things he should have forgotten. Today he brought this magnet to me and said, "It's a Christmas tree." We haven't discussed Christmas trees at all since Christmas - 8 months ago, and he was barely 2 then.

Pretty good memory. Yesterday he saw our telescope in the garage and told me, "I want to look at the moon." We bought that telescope at a yard sale last year and only tried it out once or twice, and it has been in the garage for a year since then. We couldn't believe he remembered what it was for. He would have been one and a half years old when we had that out. He wasn't even walking then! (He didn't walk until he was 20 months old.)

So, hopefully, after a little direct, undivided attention, he will understand that he is still very important to us too :) He wasn't the only one who had a good time today!

By the way, this is how the day ended ;) I guess all that fresh air and sunshine wore him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment