"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Got Some Stitching Done

The hardest part of any project for me is just getting started with the stitching. I do great with the planning and with the prep, but when it comes to that first stitch, I sometimes stumble. So I decided to jump in with both feet. I haven't embroidered in awhile, so I thought I would do one of the birdie blocks before attempting anything on the sampler. This is as far as I got. Not bad considering I was trying to nurse at the time. I've found that if I can get him propped up just right, I can embroider - at least while he is on my left side. Haven't tried the right yet, which I am guessing might be difficult, given that I'm right handed. Too much information? Anyway, now I'm off and running on the embroidery project. I think I might be stuck on this for awhile. I LOVE embroidering, and am much better at it than I am at sewing or making those very precise Farmer's Wife quilt blocks.

This morning while our power was out (before we left for church) and it was pretty dark, I figured it was a good time to get all the patterns traced onto fabric using the light table that my seven year old has told me he wants back ;) The block above is for April - and has Easter eggs on it. I'm sorry, but I can't reduce what my Savior did for me as He paid for my sin on the cross to cute little eggs. No offense. I know most people don't think twice about it. But it's a tender spot for me. So, when I traced this one, I left off the eggs and added the crosses.

Then when I got to the June block, I didn't think it suited me either. It just has a bunch of text - you can see it in the previous post with the picture of most of the patterns. It's cute, but I didn't think it really fit well with the rest of the blocks. I had seen someone else draw their own block, so I figured it was worth a shot. This is my own original. It represents what our summers look like. That's my hubby roasting hot dogs, which I don't care for, and me roasting a marshmallow, which he doesn't care for :) We love it here in the West, and love being outdoors. We just haven't gotten to do much of it this year, with the new baby and all. Anyway, I think the block turned out cute.

And here's a little brotherly love for you. The seven year old is always wanting to hold the baby. He is very gentle with him and does a great job. All the brothers love one another :)

No comments:

Post a Comment