"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Friday, May 13, 2011

My Busy Week

It's been such a crazy, busy week! It started with the shop hop over the weekend. I knew I would be exhausted after the long day, and I was. We got home just after 11 pm, and it was almost midnight before we got to bed. The next day was Sunday - Mother's Day - and we were having a carry in dinner after the morning service because we had missionaries in town. So it was a long day. After the dinner, I laid down for a nap, and didn't get up until 4 hours later! Yikes.

Monday I planned to get a lot done, but it didn't work out that way. The 2 year old had gotten up Sunday morning with one of his eyes nearly swollen shut. His eye looked fine, but the lid was puffy. Monday, it looked just as bad - maybe a bit worse, so I took him to the pediatrician - an hour and a half away. That was fine, except for the fact that my daughter was having a jewelry party at our house that evening, and I barely got home in time for it - nevermind having time to straighten the house. (She had to do that on her own.) She is beginning a new career, selling Premier Designs jewelry, and this was her opening show. We were expecting 45 people. Anyway, the party went well, but we had much fewer people than had been invited, which was okay. But obviously, I didn't get much else done :/

Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment for the pregnancy. It was pretty routine, but the doctor was a little concerned about how much the baby is moving, and wanted me to count movements for the next couple of days.

Wednesday was actually productive. That's when I made the blankets in the last post :) We also had our normal children's ministries in the evening, which always wears me out. It's fun, and a privilege to serve in the church, but it does take a lot of energy. After that, we dropped the kids off at the house, and I went and spent an hour with my husband at his work place, visiting with him while he fixed a part on his cement mixer. It was very peaceful there :)

Thursday when I reported to the doctor's office the number of movements I had been feeling from the baby, they wanted me to come in for a more in-depth checkup. So I drove the hour and a half to the office, and spent the day hooked up to monitors, and having an ultrasound. We figured out that the position of the baby is such that he is kicking into the umbilical cord, which has no nerves, so I'm just not feeling it. Very good news, but a long day. The best part was that I was able to get all of my Bible reading done for the day, and half of Friday's. I got home at 6:30, then had to rush off to teen group at the church at 7. We didn't get home until 9 and I was exhausted. While I was at teen group I got a phone call, and then a text from someone else, both wanting daycare for Friday. That's great money-wise, but does take a lot more effort.

So here we are on Friday. I have 5 more kids than usual in my daycare, which really is a good thing! And, so far it's going pretty well. My daughter just left for Salt Lake City for a jewelry training weekend, and won't be home until late Saturday evening. Then Sunday, we're off to Idaho Falls again for doctor's appointments on Monday. See - busy life! But, I'm enjoying every minute of it :) I'm really hoping to get in a little more sewing Saturday. Gotta take advantage of the push to be productive while it's still here! I'm going to take my hand sewing project - the hexagons - with me to the doctor's appointment. The seven year old is in a trial study, and these appointments take all morning - from 8 am to noon, so there is plenty of time for sewing :) Hopefully by the end of the weekend, I'll have lots of progress to show!

1 comment: