"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, May 9, 2011

Shop Hop, Stop Eight - Idaho Falls, Idaho

We stopped at Walmart after Madsen's. We thought we would save time by picking up lunch there and eating on the way to Pocatello, which is an hour drive from Idaho Falls. We were pretty hungry by the time we got to Walmart - it was after 1 pm.
We may have slightly overdone it :) It took forever to get out of Walmart too. So much for a quick stop. It was the day before Mother's Day and every single lane had at least 5-6 people in it. Most of them had overstuffed carts. We waited in line for over half an hour just to check out.

Our eighth stop was at Porters in Idaho Falls. Their block was the farmer, and I love how they added the barn and little animal blocks. This really made it seem like a Nebraska quilt to me though.

Their charm was a cow too.

I bought a little more fabric than I intended here (and at the next couple of shops too). I found the black fabric with the zoo animals on it, and thought it would be nice to have another lightweight blanket using that fabric. It's been one I've admired for quite awhile. I think I'll use the green fabric on the back. Maybe not. It isn't a perfect match. We'll have to wait and see. I bought a yard and a half of the green, half a yard of the orange, and the rest of the pieces are fat quarters. I picked the buttons out of a bucket for 5 cents apiece. You can always use black and white buttons, right? Total spent = $40.13

Here's the plan for the farmer block. Not a lot of direction here.

No comments:

Post a Comment