"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shop Hop, Stop Two - Pinedale, WY

Today I took my daughter to our local quilt shop for stop two on the shop hop. We intended to do this over the weekend, but with everything else going on, I completely forgot about it. Our daycare kids did not come so early this morning, so we took advantage of the opportunity to do step two of the shop hop. This is our local shop.

Each shop makes up a quilt with the squares from each shop. I'll have to get back to the shop in Jackson with my camera to get a picture of their quilt. I was amazed the first time I did the shop hop as to how different all the quilts turn out, even though they all use the same blocks. This year, our shop went with a tractor theme, which I don't love, but I'll give them credit - it was a creative idea. (The little white squares on each block are papers which tell the store where each block was designed.)

Our shop's square this year is called "International Harvester Fat Tire."

And the charm was a tractor. I'm starting to feel like this is more of a "Nebraska" quilt than Wyoming. I grew up on a farm in Nebraska, and windmills and tractors were very plentiful there.

You may remember me mentioning the sewing contest my daughter and I entered. This is the store they are at, and here is our competition. Someone actually made flip flops using the fabric - I wish I would have gotten a closer picture of those because they're really cute.

This is my entry.

And here is my daughter's headband.

Someone else made a clutch purse which I think is really clever and cute. This is going to be a close competition.

One of my favorite things about doing the shop hop is seeing all the quilt tops the shops have put together. This one is really cute. They offer a class to make this one. But I don't need any girly quilts, and these are more my daughter's colors than mine (they're much brighter than they appear in this picture). Cute quilt, though.

I love the colors in this one.

Our quilt shop has a retreat center in the upstairs of the building. This is the workspace.

And here are a few of the rooms...


The room in the picture above has the quilts from previous years' quilt shop hops on display. The one on the wall on the right is my favorite.

We bought a little more fabric than I intended at this shop. The piece on the left is partially for my hexagon quilt (I already had a fat quarter of this, but it's my favorite fabric in the quilt. Plus, I just LOVE this fabric, so I'm sure I'll use it somewhere else too :) My daughter picked out five fat quarters and I got four - you get a discount if you buy in multiples of three, so it had to be done, you see.

Total spent $34.81. The only good thing about that is that a $30 purchase qualified me for a cordless iron. Wouldn't that be nice? I think I'm going to give my daughter her own money to spend when we go Saturday (I owe her - she works in my daycare) rather than just making joint purchases. We will go broke otherwise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment