"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Monday, May 9, 2011

Shop Hop, Stop Six - Rigby, Idaho

Our next stop took us to Abbot's Ben Franklin, in Rigby, Idaho.

They chose earth tones for their quilt. It reminded me of farmland - appropriate, considering we have buzzards, a farmer, tractors and windmills.

Their block is called "Red Sails in the Sunset."

And their charm is a sailboat. I thought this was an interesting choice for our land-locked, desert-like climate, but then a lot of the blocks didn't make much sense to me. I guess in the end it doesn't matter.

By the time we got there, we were pretty hungry. Can you tell? My daughter was the camera operator for the day. I didn't know she had taken these pictures until we got home. It made me laugh :)


She said she took this picture because Idaho is the potato state. Seems appropriate - especially given her hunger theme :)

My daughter won a discount at this store for 34% off - I don't remember what the game was, but the 34% was because it was the 34th year for the store to be in business. So she took advantage of the discount and bought two yards of zebra fabric for her room projects. I love the perspective of this picture.

This was one of the quilts they had on display that I really liked. The colors were brighter in the store, but I think it's still beautiful here.

I also really wanted to get the pattern for this construction vehicle quilt. The tires on the loaders look like they're made of fleece or felt - and they care cut out to look spiky - if that makes sense, and then sewn only around the circle part, so the spiky parts stick up. Very cute, but the pattern was in a book with other patterns I knew I would never use, and they wanted $22 for the book. I can figure this out on my own for that amount.

Doesn't this super-fluffy fleece look fun? I wonder though how well it would wear. I have visions of it getting matted and tangled. Considering it's $25/yard, I don't think I'll take the chance.

Several places we went had kits for these type of blankets - for $42 or more. Seems like a lot for a blanket.

Okay, so here are my daughter's purchases... She doesn't even like Cadbury eggs - she bought these to torment her uncle Jason. She may have done a better job at that than she intended, because we learned the next day that he was still suffering the ill effects of food poisoning that day :( Sorry J!

And mine. Um, yeah. I told you we were hungry. (I wasn't that hungry - the peeps were 3/$1) I also bought a leather thimble that didn't make it into this picture. Total spent = $12.18

No comments:

Post a Comment