"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Shop Hop Wrap Up & Silliness :)

I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had with my daughter this weekend, driving all over Wyoming and Idaho in pursuit of fabric and sugery snacks :)

At first I was determined to stick to a tight schedule so we would have time to get to all the shops, but when we started seeing fun things to do, I figured it was more about having fun than it was about getting to all the shops.

When we got into Idaho, we drove past an old drive in theater, and my daughter begged me to turn around. Why?

Because they had all these fun potato figures.

She made friends with this one - see his arm around her? That's how most people look at a drive in theater, isn't it?

They also had the biggest potato we had ever seen, driven on a truck by another spud.

In Driggs, we had to double back to get a picture of this cleverly named restaurant - "Miso Hungry."

There were a lot of silly pictures on the road, most of which I would NEVER dream of showing you ;)

And lots of playing with bunnies and chicks. These three were enjoying the view from the driver's seat :)

My daughter played with the camera and several mirrors while she waited for me to get fabric cut.

And gathered a lot of snack foods up for a healthy "on-the-go" lunch. (Believe it or not, it was much healthier than the fast food we typically would have had.

We did some sight seeing after we had been to all the stops.

And my daughter used up the rest of the camera battery taking pictures of lava rocks and flowers :)


In the end, I brought home just over 20 YARDS of fabric - WOW. Didn't expect that :) I spent a total of $280.49. I did buy several notions - rulers, elastic thread, beading wire, bracelets, and so on. It sounds bad, but I planned to spend nearly that much. Now, I'm feeling like I really ought to go do some sewing... I'll check back in with you as soon as I have something finished ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment