"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Took My 2 Year Old to the Chiropractor Today

Okay, so what do you do when your 2 year old has an ear infection? A double ear infection, no less. Well, I took mine to a chiropractor. Sounds odd, doesn't it? I thought so too. But on the recommendation of a friend with several little ones, and whom I trust, I tried it. She said this particular chiropractor has a way of adjusting the ears so that the tubes point down (or something like that) enabling the ears to drain. Already tonight (7 hours later) one of his ears is draining. (He adjusted his back and neck too).

The chiropractor is also into homeopathic treatments, and I ended up buying some vitamin D drops that are supposed to help our whole family keep from getting sick all the time. When I got home, my husband reminded me that his own doctor had said vitamin D and zinc were helpful to boosting the immune system. So we're going to give it a try. Whatever helps, I'm all for it. With the daycare, I'm so sick of being sick. This has been our worst year ever as a family for being sick all the time. I'm willing to give it a try. Besides, the chiropractor was much cheaper than a visit to the pediatrician - we paid $56 for the adjustment, vitamin D drops, and a spray to help with the earache. A doctor visit starts at $100 before you get any medication or anything else done.

No comments:

Post a Comment