"Lo, Children Are An Heritage of the LORD: and the Fruit of the Womb is His Reward" - Psalm 127:3

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shop Hop, Stop One Revisted

Saturday my daughter and I went out on our big shop hop adventure. I had already been to the shop in Jackson Hole, but we had to go back to get my daughter's passport stamped, once we decided we weren't going to make it to the shop in Preston, Idaho. (We could only miss one shop in order to qualify for the second place prize ($25 gift certificates to every shop).

While we were there, I took the opportunity to pick up another yard of the dinosaur flannel I had used to make burp cloths for our next baby. This is going to be used to make a lightweight blanket. I spend a lot of time outside during the summer with the daycare kids and thought the baby would need some sun and wind protection, so this was a planned purchase. Amount spent $8.11.

Here is the Jackson store's shop hop quilt. Their block was the windmill, so they added that emphasis to their quilt.

The game they had at the shop required blowing a ping pong ball up a slanted, bumpy ramp (maybe it was one of those pieces you put at the end of the gutter, that has the look of rock.) Anyway, there were three containers at the end, and the prize was based on which container the ball went into. My daughter won a fat quarter.

This is one of the quilts they have hanging in their shop, which I really like. It has a neat effect. I believe they will be doing a class on this quilt at their retreat this fall. I don't plan to attend - too expensive, and not something I can realistically do while nursing a newborn. But maybe someday when I'm feeling ambitious I might tackle this one. Yeah right. Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment